When I moved to Georgia 12 years ago my motorcycle endorsment did not transfer to my Georgia license. Its ok, I didn't have a motorcycle. I didn't miss having a MC license except when we traveled. I like to rent motorcycles. Sometimes they let me rent without a motorcycle license, sometimes not. So, the right thing to do was to get my mototcycle endorsement in Georgia. It requires a 2 day class that can also serve as your road test. The DDS (DMV) supplies the bikes, instructor and everything else for the $250 fee. I never took a motorcycle class in my life. I was self-taught in NY and I passed the very difficult road test in Lyons NY in 1980.

I now have what I need for my GA motorcycle endoresement. I also learned some stuff. I am glad it is over. Fun and somewhat stressful. The class was a bit like a martial arts class or Tai-chi. Practicing un-natual actions until they become familiar.

The class was at my airport off runway 25. I found it to be a great distraction watching my plane with students go around the pattern during class.


Popular posts from this blog

Thanksgiving 2023

The Balkans 2023

Travel Planning with Chat GPT 3.5 Artificial Intelligence

The Humanized Cat